New England Revolution 0, Montreal Impact 3 | 2019 MLS Match Recap
Shamit Shome scored from close range to break the deadlock in the 79th minute following an error from Cody Cropper, who had been excellent up until that point with six saves. Anthony Jackson-Hamel added his first goal of the year as insurance in the 85th minute, assisted by Daniel Lovitz then scored his second goal in stoppage time.
Prior to Shome's breakthrough, the match had a few close calls.
Orji Okwonkwo rattled the crossbar in the first half and was a handful for the Revs defense, while Juan Agudelo flicked a header off the same crossbar in the second half. With about 15 minutes left, Shome found the back of the net with a header but was well offside.
Due to travel difficulties, the Impact only arrived in New England a few hours before the match.
- 79' – MTL – Shamit Shome | WATCH
- 85' – MTL – Anthony Jackson-Hamel | WATCH
- 90' – MTL – Anthony Jackson-Hamel | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE: Considering the circumstances of travel complications and still without Ignacio Piatti, the Impact will be elated with the win. It felt like a missed opportunity for the Revs, though, who now embark on a three-game road trip.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: This won't be Shome's best career goal, but who cares?
- MAN OF THE MATCH: Lovitz, with an assist, clean sheet and a big defensive performance, helped lead his club to a big road victory. Nod to Jackson-Hamel for two goals off the bench, too.